Grants program focus areas
The Real Estate Foundation of BC supports real estate and land use practices that contribute to resilient, healthy communities and natural systems. We provide grants and information to non-profit organizations working to enable transformational change in BC communities.
- We take a systems approach, preferring projects that recognize the interconnectedness of, for example:
- natural and built environments;
- social, economic, and ecological facets of issues;
- local, regional, provincial, national, global scales;
- various sectors and communities; and
- land use, water use, energy use.
- We value collaboration, preferring projects that involve the logical partners. This means:
- working partnerships amongst organizations;
- cooperation of relevant government, business, and/or non-profit organizations; and
- financial investment or contributions from a range of organizations that have a stake in the outcomes of the project.
- We look for leadership, preferring those projects that demonstrate innovation, or new ways to solve a problem that has eluded solutions.
- We prefer projects that anticipate long-lasting outcomes (sustainable) that can be used in other communities or contexts (scalable), and thus benefit a greater number of people.